Frank Lyons covers the study questions from our weekly lessons on Wednesday evenings at 7:00 PM.
Questions from the Lesson Text:
The Purpose and Scope of Paul’s Ministry (Rom. 15:14-21)
- What was Paul’s confidence in the Roman brethren?
- How had Paul written to them regarding some of the things he had said?
- What was the grace given to Paul?
- Of what was Paul a minister?
- What was the offering of the Gentiles that Paul prayed would be acceptable – acceptable to whom?
- How was that offering sanctified?
- What does it mean to glory in Christ Jesus?
- Where is it right to have such glory?
- Of what would Paul not dare to speak?
- How was Paul able to do the things he did in preaching and confirming the word of Christ?
- How does Paul describe the scope of his work?
- What did Paul say about going to places where Christ had already been preached?
- In the historical context of that statement, why would that be important to the scope of his work and would it still have that same application today? Why or why not?
Paul’s Planned Ministry To Rome (Romans 15:22-24)
- What had hindered Paul from visiting Rome up to that point?
- Why was the time right for Paul to plan a trip to Rome?
- Paul planned to visit Rome on his way to where?
- What was his hope for them in regards to this planned mission trip?
Paul’s Planned Ministry To Jerusalem (Romans 15:25-29)
- Why was Paul going to Jerusalem?
- How did Paul describe the attitude of the Macedonians and Achaeans toward their contribution to Jerusalem?
- Why were they debtors to Jerusalem?
- What was Paul’s plan after accomplishing this ministry to Jerusalem?
- In what did Paul know he would come to them?
Leave a Reply