From The Back:
This Week’s Reading:
- Sunday, 8/5/18
- 2 Chron 25–26, Mark 11, Ps 90:title–3, Prov 19:15–16
- Monday, 8/6/18
- 2 Chron 27:1–29:19, Mark 12, Ps 90:4–10, Prov 19:17–19
- Tuesday, 8/7/18
- 2 Chron 29:20–30:27, Mark 13, Ps 90:11–17, Prov 19:20–21
- Wednesday, 8/8/18
- 2 Chron 31–32, Mark 14:1–42, Ps 91:1–7, Prov 19:22–24
- Thursday, 8/9/18
- 2 Chron 33–34, Mark 14:43–15:23, Ps 91:8– 16, Prov 19:25–27
- Friday, 8/10/18
- 2 Chron 35–36, Mark 15:24–16:20, Ps 92:title–5, Prov 19:28–29
- Saturday, 8/11/18
- Ezra 1–2, Luke 1:1–38, Ps 92:6–15, Prov 20:1–3
- Sunday, 8/12/18
- Ezra 3–4, Luke 1:39–80, Ps 93, Prov 20:4–6
New Members-Only Features On The Website:
You have either already received, or will be receiving, an email letting you know that you’ve been added to our church website. If you’ve already been added then you should have gotten an email letting you know your username (which will be your email address) and your password. When you log in to the website with your username and password you will be able to access members-only content. I have added a church directory and will be adding more features for members use.
Motives To Repent:
- God has “granted” us the opportunity to repent (Acts 11:18).
- Such an opportunity is a gracious privilege (cf. 2 Pet. 2:4).
- God provides us the motivation to act on that privilege!
- Fear of the judgment is a motive to repent (cf. Jonah 3:4; Acts 17:30, 31; Luke 13:3, 5).
- Hope for the reward is a motive to repent (cf. Acts 2:38; 3:19).
- God’s goodness is a motive to repent (cf. Romans 2:4).
- The rejoicing it brings is a motive to repent (cf. Luke 15:4-32).
“Repentance is not something that involves a long period of time. In Luke 17:4 Jesus said that if a man sins against you seven times in a day and turns and repents seven times, forgive him. That shows a man can practice forgiveness at least seven times in one day. The Philippian jailor heard the gospel, believed it, repented of his sins and was baptized all in the same hour of the night. One may repent in a brief period of time.” – B. C. Goodpasture
So, what are you waiting for?
Leave a Reply