- Gen 8:20–10:32
- Matt 7:1–8:13
- Ps 4:3–8
- Prov 1:10–12
- Matthew 7:1 is probably one of the most misused verses in the Bible.
- Many use this to say that the Bible forbids any kind of judging.
- However, in this very same chapter, Jesus says that we must “judge” people by their fruits (Matthew 7:15-20).
- Obviously, not all judging is wrong. Some judging is necessary and essential (cf. John 7:24).
- Ther are two kinds of judging being referred to in this chapter.
- Pronouncing self-righteous hypocritical judgment – condemnation – on others (Matthew 7:1-6).
- Reaching a conclusion about someone based on analysis of the evidence (Matthew 7:15-20).