Lessons from Romans and Galatians
Lesson 6: Christian Living
Lesson Text: Romans 12:1-13
Key Text: Galatians 2:20
Lessons from the Key Text:
- Death Precedes Life
- The new birth is a spiritual birth (cf. John 3:3-6).
- There must be a spiritual death before there can be a spiritual birth (cf. Rom. 6:8-11).
- Paul says before Christ could live in him, he had to die with Christ.
- In his crucifixion with Christ, some things from his past life had to die:
- He had to become dead to the law (Rom. 7:4-6).
- He had to die to the world (Gal. 6:14; 1 Jn. 2:15, 16).
- He had to die to sin (Rom. 6:2, 11).
- Union With Christ Brings Life
- We are united with Christ in His body – the church (Col. 1:18).
- We are united with Christ in His word (John 15:1-7; 17:20, 21).
- We are united with Christ in His death (Rom. 6:3-4).
- We are united with Christ in His life (John 6:57; 5:21; 1 Jn. 5:11, 12).
- The Life of Christ Manifested in Our Lives
- 2 Cor. 4:11
- The life of Christ is manifested in us by:
- Being completely committed to the will of the Father (Luke 2:49; Matt. 3:15; John 4:32, 34; 6:38; Matt. 26:39).
- Loving of serving others (Matt. 20:28; John 13:12-17; Acts 10:38).
Leave a Reply