Lesson 10: Solomon’s Dream
Lesson Text: 1 Kings 3:5-15
Key Text: Proverbs 2:6
Lessons from the Key Text:
- This week’s lesson is the account of Solomon’s request for God to give wisdom as the ruler of God’s people.
- Certainly, a key aspect of the lesson text is that true wisdom comes from God.
- The Holy Spirit said, by Solomon, that “the Lord gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding” (Prov. 2:6).
- The apostle Paul prayed that the Ephesian saints would be given “the spirit of wisdom” (Ephesians 1:15-19).
- We should all pray continually that we would have such wisdom to know and follow the will of God! (cf. James 1:5).
- But we understand that when James said to ask wisdom of God (James 1:5), he certainly didn’t mean that such wisdom would come without us doing our part to acquire that wisdom from God’s word (Proverbs 1:1-7).
- The wisdom that is from above (James 3:17) is given by God through the diligent study of His word.
- Paul says the inspired writers of Scripture wrote the wisdom of God by the Spirit of God (1 Cor. 2:6-16).
- In Proverbs, wisdom is:
- A shield (Proverbs 2:7).
- Preservative (Proverbs 2:11; 24:3).
- Valuable (Proverbs 3:13-18; 8:11; 16:16; 23:23).
- Fundamental (Proverbs 4:7).
- Precious (Proverbs 7:1-5; 19:8).
- Commendable (Proverbs 12:8; 31:26).
Leave a Reply