- Genesis 1:1-2:25
- Matthew 1:1-2:23
- Psalm 1:1-6
- Proverbs 1:1-2
Some points of interest:
- Genesis 1:1 gives the five areas of natural science. “In the beginning [Time] God [Force] created [Energy] the heavens [Space] and the earth [Matter].” When science deals with these things within the realm of real science – observation and experimentation – then it always agrees with the Bible. Truth cannot contradict truth! It is only when science is actually pseudoscience – dealing with things that are not observable and subject to testable experimentation – that it contradicts the Bible. So the idea that science and the Bible contradict is absolutely false! It is those things falsely called science that contradict the Bible.
- In Genesis 1, every time something was created it says, “Then God said….” This is God’s Word in creation (cf. John 1:1-3, 14; Colossians 1:16).
- The One that was there in the beginning and created all things is the One that was born in the flesh, Immanuel – God with us (Matthew 1:23). We were created by Him and for Him (Colossians 1:16), the one that came to give His life for us!
- This morning’s video focuses on Psalm 1
- As you read from Proverbs every day remember that is “to know wisdom and instruction” (Proverbs 1:2).