- The woman in this text is a great example of saving faith.
- Background: She had a debilitating illness for twelve years. She never stopped looking for a cure. She would not allow the crowd to deter her from reaching Jesus.
- Jesus told the woman that her faith had made her well. Many twist this into a statement of faith only salvation. However, this woman clearly did not have faith only.
She Had A Persistent Faith
- Jesus described the persistence of faith (Matt. 7:7; Luke 18:1-8).
- We must be persistent in study (Acts 17:11; 2 Tim. 2:15).
- We must be persistent in prayer (1 Thess. 5:17).
- We must be persistent in Christian living (Col. 1:23; Heb. 12:1, 2).
- The persistence of faith will win us the crown of life (Rev. 2:10; 2 Tim. 4:6-8).
She Had A Working Faith
- There is no such thing as “faith only” salvation! (cf. Jam. 2:24).
- We must have “obedience to the faith” (Rom. 1:5; 16:26).
- Every example of saving faith in the Bible is an example of working faith (Heb. 11).
- The faith, i.e. the gospel, is a gift from God and we must receive and obey it (Eph. 2:8; Act 19:1-10; Titus 3:3-5).
What kind of faith do you have? Will you do whatever it takes and remove any obstacles to reach Jesus? Are you persistently following Christ? Do you have a saving faith?