An Overview Of Ezekiel 1-3
- Ezekiel is shown a vision of the glory of the Lord (Ezek. 1).
- This vision is in preparation for his being sent to preach to the rebellious house of Israel (Ezek. 2:1-8).
- Ezekiel receives the revelation his is to preach to the people (Ezek. 2:9-3:3).
- Ezekiel is prepared, by the truth, for a head butting contest (Ezek. 3:4-11).
- Ezekiel is set as a watchman over the captives of Israel (Ezekiel 3:16-27).
Ezekiel 3:10–11 (NKJV)
10 Moreover He said to me: “Son of man, receive into your heart all My words that I speak to you, and hear with your ears. 11 And go, get to the captives, to the children of your people, and speak to them and tell them, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD,’ whether they hear, or whether they refuse.”